Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
18-year-old supplies Indian Army with landmine-detecting drones – 18-year-old, Harshwardhansinh Zala from Ahmedabad is going to supply the Indian Army with landmine-detecting drones. His drones and efforts have received praise from Indian PM Narendra Modi Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu.
Drones used to inspect Southern California Edison equipment – Helicopters and drones are used to inspect Southern California Edison equipment along the south coast. The company says that the aerial inspections will help to provide a more complete picture of the work that’s performed between Carpinteria and Goleta.
Drones could be used to monitor beaches in Newport, RI – Drones could be used to monitor beaches in Newport, RI. Newport City Manager Joseph J. Nicholson, Junior is considering using drones to monitor mask-wearing on city beaches in the Atlantic coastal town.
FAA is looking to fill positions on Drone Advisory Committee – The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is looking to fill positions on the Drone Advisory Committee. In the past, many (including me) have been critical that recreational and commercial drone pilots are under-represented on the DAC. This is a change top tip the balance more in our favor. Keep in mind that you will not be compensated for your time or travel expenses.
Don’t interfere with wildland fire operations when flying your drone! – “Don’t interfere with wildland fire operations when flying your drone!” is the message that the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) wants to get across to all drone pilots. A recent example of a fire fighting operation that was interrupted by an unauthorized drone happened last week during the East Plum Fire in Colorado.
EHang 216 performs sightseeing flights with passengers onboard – On July 14, the EHang 216 performed sightseeing flights with passengers on board in Yantai, a coastal city in East China. As part of the EHang ‘World Flight Tour’, four passengers took scenic flights around Yantai’s Fisherman’s Wharf, a popular tourist attraction.
Another life saved with help from a drone flown by volunteer Search and Rescue team – In the UK, another life was saved with help from a drone flown by a volunteer Search and Rescue team. This time a 46-year-old, ‘vulnerable’ man was reported missing for five days near Loughborough.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- $174 Million Afghan Drone Program Is Riddled With Problems, U.S. Report Says
- DOD doesn’t know if Afghan drone program was worth $174 million in US taxpayers’ money, report says
- Azerbaijan Threatens Chernobyl-Style ‘Catastrophe’ In Caucasus Drone War
- Iran Is Rebuilding the U.S. Drone It Shot Down Last Year
- Weber County Search and Rescue team seeks $30K drone to aid in rescue efforts
- DRONE CONFERENCE GOES VIRTUAL
- Delhi Police use drone to solve double murder
- EPA drones uncover illegal pits of industrial waste at Andrew Peace Wines
- PG&E continues conducting line inspections using drones and helicopters
- Wuhan uses drones for flood prevention
- Drone Volt Releases Control App
- Flylogix and Cambridge Consultants to Send Drones Beyond the Horizon
- Flirtey Granted New Patent Instrumental for Safety of Drone Delivery And Celebrates the Five-Year Anniversary of its ‘Kitty Hawk Moment’
- Drone helping fire department with river rescues, which have doubled so far this summer
- Pensacola Beach company adapts drones to sanitize stadiums, music venues during pandemic
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.