Drone demonstration for first responders and public safety officials

Last Friday, United Drone Technology from New Milford, showed its line of drones that are ready for and public safety officials in a drone demonstration in a local park.

Drone demonstration for first responders and public safety officials

Last Friday a demonstration that included nine different drones was held at Harrybrooke Park in New Milford, Connecticut. The demonstration was focused on first responders and public safety officials to show how these unmanned aircraft can be a force multiplier.

“In the last nine to 10 months, I've seen the need for first responders to have this kind of tool,” said company owner John Gallagher, according to The Greater New Milford Spectrum.

Gallagher's previous business The Hobby Hangout had to close a few months ago because of the pandemic The building at 48 Anderson Avenue now hosts the United business.

Drone Demonstration For First Responders And Public Safety Officials 1

Drone Demonstration For First Responders And Public Safety Officials 2

The drone demonstration was attended by first responders from a dozen towns, including the Greater New Milford area as well as members of the Greater New Milford Business Association.

Among the unmanned aircraft that were on display, were some state-of-the-art drones that are used to assist in fire control, accident scene investigation, , and other activities.

The unmanned aerial systems (UAS) included drones with FLIR thermal cameras, 8K video recording capabilities. As well as unmanned aircraft that can drop fire extinguisher balls, deliver medical supplies and other necessary supplies.

About 40% of the drones that Gallagher sells are custom made. The remaining 60% are off-the-shelf drones. He added that's a variety of payloads can be added to any drone.

“Anything radio controlled is a passion of mine,” Gallagher said of his interest in the industry.

He built his first unmanned aircraft in 1991 because he wanted to take a photograph of his home from the sky.

“It lasted long enough to get one good picture,” he said with a chuckle.

Needless to say, that drone technology has come along way since the early nineties.

Drone Demonstration For First Responders And Public Safety Officials

Droneu Marketing Banner Ad 1

Stay in touch!

If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone , scoops, rumors, and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or…

Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*


Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them hereSupport DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.

* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.

Photo: Courtesy Of John Gallagher

Discover more from DroneXL

Subscribe to get the latest posts to your email.

Get your Part 107 Certificate

Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.

pilot institute dronexl

Copyright © DroneXL.co 2024. All rights reserved. The content, images, and intellectual property on this website are protected by copyright law. Reproduction or distribution of any material without prior written permission from DroneXL.co is strictly prohibited. For permissions and inquiries, please contact us first.

FTC: DroneXL.co is an Amazon Associate and uses affiliate links that can generate income from qualifying purchases. We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email.

Haye Kesteloo
Haye Kesteloo

Haye Kesteloo is the Editor in Chief and Founder of DroneXL.co, where he covers all drone-related news, DJI rumors and writes drone reviews, and EVXL.co, for all news related to electric vehicles. He is also a co-host of the PiXL Drone Show on YouTube and other podcast platforms. Haye can be reached at haye @ dronexl.co or @hayekesteloo.

Articles: 3456

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.