Daily Drone News – Tuesday September 1, 2020
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Mavic Air 2 teardown reveals DJI uses many parts made in the USA – A DJI Mavic Air 2 teardown reveals the secrets to the drone's competitive price, and surprisingly its many parts that are made in the USA.
‘Mosquito drone' acquired by the City of Brownsville, TX – A ‘mosquito drone' has been acquired by the City of Brownsville in Texas that will enable the health department to spray for these pesky insects in areas of the town that the city's fleet of trucks cannot reach.
Three colleges in Southern California have been selected for FAA drone initiative – In Southern California, three colleges have been selected by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to become part of the recently launched Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Collegiate Training Initiative.
Parrot selected by the U.S. Defense Innovation Unit as a major drone supplier – Parrot selected by the U.S. Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) as a major drone supplier for the U.S. Government. Parrot, the leading European drone group, is pleased to announce its selection in the Blue sUAS program by the U.S. Army and the Defense Innovation Unit (DIU). The DIU is a Department of Defense organization that accelerates commercial technology for national defense.
Firefighters turn to drones to fight Woodward Fire in Marin County – Firefighters turn to drones to fight the Woodward Fire in Marin County, California. The fire has been raging for two weeks and currently, it is only 17 percent contained.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Counter Drone Unit head
- Ariel man missing after falling out of kayak on Columbia River
- Drones can be a source of disturbance to wintering waterbird flocks
- How to Combat the Iranian Drone Threat
- GCSC gets $7 million for drone program; to tackle lessons learned after Hurricane Michael
- Drone used to examine equipment at Russia's Siberian Chemical Combine
- Sky Drone, China Mobile Hong Kong ink deal for 5G drones
- Demand for drones sparks threat to EU security
- Hurricane Laura damage: Drone footage shows the flooding of road outside Cameron after storm
- Drone restores cell-phone service in disasters
- The roadmap for autonomous delivery bots and drones in Latin America
- Tanzania: Illegal Drone Owners Risk a Six-Month Jail Term, Says Tcaa
- K9, drone used to locate suspect following vehicle chase
- Raptor Maps raises $5 million for drone intelligence for solar companies
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Follow DroneXL.co on your Google News feed.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.