We know DJI has some more products up its sleeve to surprise us with before this year will be over. One of which, we believe, will be a small and very lightweight drone. Not the DJI FPV as it seems to be delayed. Here are the DJI Mavic Mini 2 specs and the release date we anticipate, based on the latest rumors and whispers.
Mavic Mini 2 specs and release date that we anticipate
By now, we assume you will have seen the FCC filing that showed the required label and location on the DJI Mavic Mini 2. FCC filings are always a good indication that a new product will be coming to the market shortly. Think of weeks instead of months.
So far, information on the specs and an exact release date have been hard to come by. However, here are the ‘upgrades’ we believe we will see in the DJI Mavic Mini 2.
- 4K video recording at 30fps, maybe even at 60fps.
- Possibly at an increased bit rate (Mavic Mini is at 40Mbps)
- Sensor size is likely to remain the same at 1/2.3” CMOS, 12 MP. A slightly larger sensor (1/1.7″) is possible
- New processor to manage the increased video quality
- Slightly more powerful motors
- Slightly different geometry to work with new motors
- Possibly new prop design
- Same size battery but slightly more powerful
- Same flight time
- Same weight of 249 grams
- Price will be slightly higher
DJI Mavic Mini 2 release date
When will the new DJI Manic Mini 2 be released, you ask? We expect a release date around mid-November. Lastly, we do not expect to see the overall design of the DJI Mavic Mini 2 to differ much at all from the original Mavic Mini.
Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Hat tip to Mr. D. one of our trusted insiders.
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Photo credit: DroneXL. Unfortunately, this is not a leaked photo of the Mavic Mini 2 but merely an artist impression.