Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Drone and hovercraft save a man half a mile out at sea – In the United Kingdom, a drone and a hovercraft were used to save a man who was more than a half-mile out at sea. Thermal cameras on drones can make a crucial difference in the ability to quickly find a person, especially when it is already dark.
Drone captures shark swimming at high speed off the coast of Capo Beach – Off the coast of Capo Beach in California, Photographer Matt Larmand captured a shark swimming at a very high speed. Although it is unclear what might have spooked the shark, the footage is quite spectacular.
Drone used to smuggle drugs across Mexico border – Two US citizens were arrested by Yuma Sector agents on Thursday, November 5 after they picked up multiple packages of drugs that were dropped by a drone after smuggling the Contraband across the Mexico border.
As DJI officially announces the Agras T20, it launches the T10 and T30 in China – DJI officially announces the agricultural drone, the Agras T20, while at the same time introducing its new flagship, the Agras T30, and smaller T10 in China, during the DJI Dajing conference in Shenzhen.
Sony announces Airpeak drone project for spring 2021 launch – Japanese tech giant, Sony is about to enter the drone market in 2021 with the announcement of the somewhat mysterious Airpeak project. Considering Sony's expertise and experience in photography, and consumer electronics in general, does this mean that DJI will finally get some real competition?
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Watch speedy drones count Antarctic penguin colonies in record time
- Growing Demand for UAV's & Drones Surge for National Security Applications
- How are drones changing the face of agriculture?
- The ‘Magic Bullet' Drones Behind Azerbaijan's Victory Over Armenia
- Israel says it downed Hezbollah drone from Lebanon
- Northrop Grumman's Plan To Replace The MQ-9 Reaper With Stealthy Autonomous Drones
- British Columbia's InDro Robotics first to receive license from Canadian Transport Agency to carry commercial goods by drone
- Houston police use drone to track down man who hid after allegedly killing woman
- Students plan on building drone to sanitize Dublin High
- Drone team focusing on plant-breeding applications
- KITE PASSENGER DRONE TO PROVIDE AERIAL TRANSPORT ACROSS CHINA
- Lofty Dreams Come True for Connecticut Man
- Drone, K9 and Sacramento sheriff's helicopter help Roseville police find chase suspect
- Ukrainian companies develop stealth combat drones
- Japan Coast Guard test-flying SeaGuardian drone
- TU Delft's sustainable hydrogen drone has liftoff
- And finally… Drones to help protect construction workers
- Kawasaki's K-Racer Flies Faster Than Conventional Helicopters
- Draganfly Signs Definitive Option to Acquire 100% of the Assets of the subsidiaries of Global UAV Technologies: Pioneer Aerial Surveys Ltd and High Eye Aerial Imaging Inc.
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.