Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Suspected drone terrorist arrested by French police during traffic control – During a traffic stop near the French city of Nancy, a man who was possibly planning to carry out a terrorist attack using a drone was arrested. In addition to a drone with an ignition mechanism on board, explosives were also found in the car of the suspected drone terrorist. Police forces in other Countries have been made aware of the threat.
Small airplane possibly collided with a drone in the Netherlands – Last week, a small sports plane over Aalst, The Netherlands collided with an unknown object at an altitude of 1800 feet. It is suspected that it was a drone. The plane could safely land at Eindhoven Airport without any problems. There, damage to the nose and propeller was found. According to the police, it is out of the question that it was a collision with a bird.
Gilbert police officers give drone pilot hard time for legal drone flight – On September 24th, 2020, Mr. Gilbert Bystander (not his real name) was flying his drone near the intersection of South Gilbert Road and East Warner Road in Gilbert, Arizona. At this location, weekly BLM protests had been taking place in the wake of George Floyd and Brianna Taylor. Mr. Bystander was documenting the protests from a nearby location when he was approached by three officers from the Gilbert Police Department. As you can see in the video below, the Gilbert police officers give the drone pilot a hard time for what seems to be a Legal drone flight.
DJI Mavic Air 2 captures spectacular video of migrating pelicans – A drone pilot from Israel was recently flying his new DJI Mavic Air 2 when something very special happened. A flock of migrating pelicans approached from a distance. You can see how the animals arrive at ease and keep turning in circles using the thermals. And, the drone captures a truly spectacular video of the migrating pelicans.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- The drones that announced Joe Biden as the 46th president-elect
- Drone footage of flooding around Winston-Salem
- Masters: Drones at Augusta National delivering never-before-seen shots
- AP PHOTOS: Drones light up Seoul sky, urge virus vigilance
- Australia uses drones to ensure social distancing at the beach
- Hazards to aircraft posed by drones and lasers addressed by Yeager, law enforcement officials
- Drone mapping in the real estate industry
- Consumers Don’t Have Privacy Concerns Over Drone Deliveries
- LEXINGTON POLICE NAB JUVENILE BURGLARY SUSPECTS WITH AID OF DRONE, K-9 TEAMS
- Drone class taking flight at Roane State
- Newberry traffic stop leads to drugs, guns, drone and phones
- FedEx, Memphis Airport in FAA Integration Pilot Program as It Morphs to New BEYOND
- Why a Canadian company is mapping drone ‘roads’ in the sky
- Russian radars track 30 foreign spy planes and three drones over week
- A Boeing Exec’s $20 Million Bet on Teaching College Students to Think
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.