Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
49 DJI Agras T20 drones sold in a single transaction – Soon after DJI officially released the DJI Agras T20, Alpha Drones USA, and commercial drone distributor, Empire Drone agreed to the sale of 49 Agras T20 drones. The T20 is the successor to DJI’s Agras T16 agricultural drone.
Police drone fly-away has been found and recovered – In Amarillo, Texas, the Potter County Sheriff’s Office said the police drone that flew away during a search for auto burglary suspects early Tuesday morning, has been found and recovered.
F-drones successfully completes first night drone delivery to a ship – Singapore-headquartered start-up, F-drones successfully completed a first night drone delivery to a ship over a distance of about 3.5 miles, within five minutes. The package weighed almost seven pounds and contained a 3D-printed critical part.
DJI investigates the option to assign Cx CE labels retroactively – Dronemaker DJI says it is investigating whether it is possible to provide drones with a Cx CE label retroactively. Such a label will be mandatory in Europe after January 1, 2023, to fly in Open subcategories A1 and A2. As part of the procedure, customers would have to take their drone to a DJI service center to either have their drone upgraded or a self-performed upgrade checked.
Rescue drone makes a test flight from Germany to the Netherlands – An impressive first at the Dutch-German border today. For the first time, a cross-border test flight was made with a rescue drone, from Germany to the Netherlands. The test flight is part of an Urban Air Mobility initiative in which several border cities in the region are participating.
EHang demonstrates synchronous flying air taxis – The Chinese developer of heavy lift drones EHang has put a new video online showing how five electrically powered air taxis perform a flight in a nicely synchronized manner. With the demonstration, the company wants to show the benefits of centralized flight coordination. In its home country of China, the company wants to fly with air taxis to thirteen cities.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Save big on drones perfect for photography and aerial videos
- The role of drones in 5G network security
- Drone footage shows flamingo flock gathering in Kazakhstan lake
- Special Report: Drones take law enforcement safety to new heights
- This Drone Dives Up to 574 Feet Underwater, Features Sony Sensor
- Drones venture out into the smoky, volcanic unknown
- How the real estate industry is using drone mapping
- Manatee poke lands Tampa boat captain in federal court
- Renville County officials seeking public comment on drone usage by sheriff’s office
- Incredible drone footage of the Kilauea volcano
- Löweheiser and Quaternium create record breaking drone
- Review: WTTW’s ‘Chicago from the Air’ gives a drone’s-eye view of the city, region
- Eau Claire County Sheriff’s Department gifted new thermal drone
- Kingston men charged after drone caught flying drugs into Quinte Detention Centre: OPP
- Belgium: New rules for drones, including registration for hobbyists
- A look at drone insurance
- B.C. drone company flies ahead of the pack
- Police Scotland stresses drones not for surveillance as wide-ranging uses revealed
- Drones to monitor crowds at Sydney beaches this summer
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.