Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and the political pressure on Chinese-made drones, DJI has been cranking out a lot of products this year. Today, we are very excited to see DJI launch the new DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced drone, which might just be the best thermal quadcopter for first responders and search and rescue organizations. Check out these specs!
New DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced launches today!
Yes, the new DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced is a drone that people can get excited about as it features drastically improved thermal vision and accuracy for what DJI calls ‘critical drone operations.’
The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced offers 32x zoom capability with the regular RGB camera which has a 1/2″ CMOS sensor and is capable of taking 48MP stills and 4K video. The drone also provides 16x zoom on the thermal camera which has an HD resolution of 640 × 512 px. The thermal camera features a 30Hz frame rate and allows ±2°C temperature measurement accuracy and allows operators to switch between visual, thermal, or split-view feeds. An additional RTK unit for centimeter-level positioning accuracy.
“We realized that our Enterprise customers were often using the Mavic 2 Enterprise for industrial inspections where better accuracy and higher resolutions for thermal and visual sensors were critical features to perform a job well. Thanks to new key upgrades, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced becomes the ideal drone and must-have tool for these types of complex inspections,” said Christina Zhang, Senior Director, Corporate Strategy & Communication at DJI. “Inspection professionals will be able to pinpoint defects and anomalies with better detail and perform operations and maintenance more effectively. Lastly, first responders and firefighters will be able to quickly locate victims, identify hot spots, and screen for fire risks to draft targeted rescue plans while keeping personnel safe.”
The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced also offers:
- Spot Meter – Displays the average temperature of an object, helping pilots monitor and measure critical or hazardous objects while maintaining a safe distance.
- Area Measurement – Displays the average, lowest, and highest temperature, as well as the corresponding locations of each area, allowing inspectors to quickly assess objects and determine if an asset may be overheating.
For centimeter-level accuracy, the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced can be outfitted with an additional DJI RTK Module that support supports NTRIP. And, for repetitive and automated missions the drone can be programmed with up to 240 waypoints making it easier to perform detailed inspections. The new drone can be operational within a minute and because of increased ascent and descent speeds, it can quickly and confidently be flown in complex environments.
The new DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced comes with Local Data Mode and AES-256 encryption when flown with the DJI Pilot App to make sure that the integrity of photos, videos, flight logs, and other data generated during sensitive flights are protected. The 24GB on-board storage is password protected to protect any data in case the drone is physically compromised.
As expected the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced comes with DJI’s AirSense system (ADS-B In) to warn operators of any airplanes or helicopters nearby. The quadcopter offers obstacle avoidance in six directions when flown in Tripod Mode.
A new feature on the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced that we haven’t seen, I believe, on previous DJI drones is a new Discreet Mode feature that disables any LED navigation lights (SWAT Team Mode?). The batteries on this quadcopter are self-heating and can be used in cold weather conditions as low as -10° C (14° F).
Accessories for the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced
To increase the utility of the new DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced there are a number of new and existing accessories that can be used with this drone.
- Spotlight – The spotlight with a brightness of 2,400 lumens aids operations at night and during low-light or complex daytime conditions like fog and smoke.
- Speaker – A loudspeaker with a maximum projection of 100 decibels (1-meter distance) is able to store multiple voice recordings and play clips on loop enabling communication with ground teams during emergency situations for efficient operations.
- Beacon – Designed with U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Night Waiver standards in mind, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced beacon features a bright flashing strobe visible 4.8 kilometers (3 miles) away. This helps pilots carry out missions in low-light conditions or at night much more safely, and provides additional airspace awareness for operators of nearby drones and traditional aircraft.
- DJI Smart Controller – Its ultra-bright 5.5-inch 1080p display maintains clear visibility even in direct sunlight.
Furthermore, the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced offers a maximum flight time of up to 31 minutes and a top speed of 72 km/h (45 mph) as well as the robust OcuSync 2.0 video transmission system that allows you to fly the drone up to 6.2 miles away.
Pricing and availability
Price and Availability The new DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced is available for pre-order from official DJI Enterprise dealers and will start shipping in Q1 2021. Pricing details and information on where to buy will be available at your local DJI Enterprise Partners.
We’ll see if we can get some more info on pricing for this drone, but my guess is that it will be quite competitive. The currently DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is already very competitively priced but falls short on some important specs such as the thermal resolution. The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced on the other hand seems to have all the features any commercial drone pilot could ask for whether it is for inspections, search and rescue, first responders, etc. If priced right, the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced might very well be the best all-around drone on the market and give the Blue sUAS a run for their money. Well done, DJI!
Let us know what you think of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced in the comments below.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.