Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
AVIATION REGULATORS NEED TO GET THEIR ACTS TOGETHER – To fully benefit as a society from what drones can bring us, aviation regulators, such as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) need to get their acts together and create a single-point-of-truth to manage and operate the skies safely, for all aircraft, manned and unmanned.
LINCOLNSHIRE DRONE SQUAD AIDS IN SEARCH FOR MISSING CHILD – In the United Kingdom, the Lincolnshire drone squad aids in the search for a missing child in Bourne Woods. The youngster was found after three hours.
AUTHORITIES USE DRONES IN SEARCH OF REMAINS IN REMOTE AREAS IN ARIZONA – In Arizona, authorities use drones in the search of more remains while working on tracing several body parts found in remote areas.
T-MOBILE AND DRL WILL LIVE STREAM IMAGES FROM RACE DRONES VIA 5G – Telecom provider T-Mobile partnered with the Drone Racing League with the aim of streaming the live camera image from racing drones via 5G to millions of viewers during the 2021 DRL Allianz World Championship Season. The goal is to underscore what 5G is capable of. T-Mobile also wants to promote the adoption of 5G technology among potential user groups.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- U.S. Announces New Rules For Drones And Their Operators
- New FAA rule requires Remote ID for drones
- The Pentagon wants small drones to be the future of networked warfare, but buying them hasn’t been easy
- HAVE A NEW DRONE? UAS CLUB MEETS JAN. 2 AT BUENA VISTA AIRPORT
- UK wants new drones in wake of Azerbaijan military success
- The US Army faces a threat from the air that the Air Force can’t stop. Here’s how it’s trying to defend itself
- Snakehead Will Be The Largest Underwater Drone That U.S. Nuclear Submarines Can Deploy
- U.S. to allow small drones to fly over people and at night
- Proposed bill again seeks to expand how Florida law enforcement can use drones
- ‘Emotional’ swarm drone display among highlights of Edinburgh’s Hogmanay
- Kratos lands another military contract for its jet-powered drones
- Drone was used to search for missing child in Bourne Woods
- British military drone crashes during Cyprus training flight
- Archaeologists create 3-D model of part of the Tepsei archaeological site
- Authorities tracing remains found in remote areas of Arizona
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.