Daily Drone News – Friday January 29, 2021
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DRONE SHOULD DETECT FOREST AND WILDFIRES AT AN EARLY STAGE – As a result of rising temperatures and more periods of long drought, the risk of forest and wildfires in The Netherlands will increase sharply in the coming years. In order to identify forest and wildfires at an early stage, the North Holland North Safety Region wants to deploy a drone that periodically flies around during periods of drought. To this end, a partnership has been entered into with drone builder Avy and CHC Helicopters in Den Helder.
DRONE WITH THERMAL CAMERA HELPS TO FIND 78-YEAR-OLD MAN IN ALEXANDER COUNTY, NC – In Alexander County, NC, officers used a Police drone with a thermal camera to find a 78-year-old man who had gone missing on Wednesday afternoon. The man was found around 10 pm.m when it was already dark, raining and temperatures were dropping in the 30s.
DJI MAVIC AIR 2 UPDATE V01.01.0610 WITH IMPROVED FOCUSTRACK AND MORE – The DJI Mavic Air 2 receives another update. This time is version 01.01.0610 that brings improved FocusTrack when shooting at 1080p at 48/50/60 fps in video mode, DJI Flyaway Coverage, and more.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drone system shows promise in frightening pest birds
- Executive Order on Drones Expands to North Korea, Iran, and Russia
- Deputies use thermal imaging drone to rescue 78-year-old man from embankment
- NC officers use drone to locate missing 78-year-old in Alexander County
- Skyports partners with Swoop Aero to provide UK-wide drone delivery service
- World's biggest drone will send satellites into space on a rocket
- Why Did the FAA Go with Broadcast Remote ID for Drones Over Network?
- Yemeni families file petition over US drone strike killings
- Seattle-based MicaSense, makers of sensor equipment for drones, acquired for $23M
- AIR DRUID for medical swarming drone deliveries
- DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO: DRONE DELIVERY PROGRAMME ENSURES FAST TRANSPORT OF LIFESAVING VACCINES
- AE Industrial Partners acquires tactical drone maker UAV Factory
- European drone association UVS International to close
- Fire Rescue Victoria sets up new drone unit
- UK DRONE LAWS: AN IN-DEPTH GUIDE
- FAA releases more aviation guidance ahead of Super Bowl LV
- Taliban PsyOps: Afghan Militants Weaponize Commercial Drones
- New project to help drones ‘truly take off'
- Drones will deliver medical supplies to remote First Nations during COVID-19 pandemic
- Ukrainian Navy Will Receive Turkish Bayraktar TB2 Drones This Year
- Parrot: MicaSense sold to AgEagle Aerial Systems Inc.
- Update – Drones used in search for New London teenager returned home after being reported missing Wednesday
- Kespry Appoints Krishnan Hariharan as Chief Executive Officer
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Follow DroneXL.co on your Google News feed.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.