It is important to point out that Autel will only send you geofencing warning notifications and will still allow you to take off. Unless the country in which you, fly requires Autel to restrict you. Not the end of the world yet, but it does open the door for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to impose restrictions on Autel pilots.
Autel adds geofencing to EVO II through firmware update
Autel Robotics releases new firmware version V2.725 for the Autel EVO II drone as well as a new iOS app V1.10.11 and a new Android app V1.17.73.
Autel Robotics brings geofencing and the following other new features to the Autel EVO II drone:
- Panorama mode: landscape, portrait, wide-angle, and sphere panoramas
- Customizable home point option: this allows you to create a new and different home point.
- Photo Auto-sync: Currently only available to iOS. this will automatically synchronize the photos from the drone with your phone.
- Customizable A and B buttons for speed mode: This will allow you to quickly switch between standard and ludicrous modes.
- Gimbal pitch adjustments: This allows you to adjust the gimbal sensitivity for smoother video shots.
- Video pre-recording function: This allows you to record 60 seconds prior to hitting the record button. Only available on iOS.
- No Fly Zone Database update: Autel introduces a compulsory no-fly zone database update for users in Japan, the USA, Australia, and the greater China area. This is based on your drone’s GPS location. Unless you are a user in a country that requires that Autel restricts you in a no-fly zone, you will only see notifications in your local airspace. You will not be restricted from taking off.
Air space regulation database update – In order to continue to provide users with a safe flying experience, we have implemented a compulsory no-fly zone database update. This update will be uploaded to your aircraft. It will allow users in countries with no-fly zone laws and regulations to apply for a waiver if required by the local government. In addition, with updates to the database, customers will have the latest information regarding the local airspace. We believe this will assist users in executing saver flights in accordance with a local laws and regulations.
Youtube video shows Autel bringing geofencing to the EVO II
Watch the video explaining the new features and geofencing in the Autel firmware update 2.7.25 below.
- 00:00–00:24 Intro
- 00:24–02:20 Intelligent Flight Mode: Panorama
- 02:20–03:39 Customizable Home Point
- 03:39–04:19 Photo Auto-Sync
- 04:19–04:55 Customizable A and B Buttons for Speed Mode
- 04:55– 05:46 Gimbal Pitch Adjustments
- 05:46–06:22 Video Pre Recording
- 06:22– 07:31 No Fly Zone Database Update
- 07:31–07:48 Outro
Let us know what you think of Autel bringing geofencing and other new features to the Evo II drone in the comments below.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.