In this latest episode of our PIXL Drone Show, we talk with Coitt Kessler from Austin Fire Department and Adam Johnson from Austin/Travis County EMS about Public Safety Unmanned Systems, first responder training on UAS, other unmanned systems, and some tips and tricks on starting your own program. Be sure to check it out on Youtube, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Google Podcasts.
PIXL Drone Show #18 – Austin TX Public Safety Unmanned Systems
Welcome to the PIXL Drone Show – where you can get the latest industry news. Our goal is to deliver drone news you can use.
We also discuss FAA drone regulations and laws. Our goal is to provide high-quality and timely information for both Part 107 commercial drone pilots and recreational users. The Drone Industry is rapidly growing and our goal is to be your go-to resource.
The PIXL Drone Show is hosted by:
- Kara Murphy (owner of Kara E. Murphy Aerial Media)
- Greg Reverdiau (co-founder of Pilot Institute)
- Haye Kesteloo (Editor of DroneXL)
Check out our latest episode with Coitt Kessler from Austin Fire Department and Adam Johnson from Austin/Travis County EMS below.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:33 How did Austin get started with drones
- 10:47 Training Firefighters and EMTs with robotic systems
- 21:37 What advice do Adam and Coitt have for starting a program
- 38:28 what is the ultimate first responder drone/features
- 44:16 Other unmanned systems
- 49:40 Why is Texas ahead of the rest of the country
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.