DJI Mini 3 Pro firmware update brings new features
The DJI Mini 3 Pro, one of DJI's most popular camera drones, just received a major firmware upgrade.
The DJI Mini 3 Pro can now turn the camera ninety degrees into vertical mode while using Mastershots, FocusTrack, QuickShots, and Hyperlapse. Because of apps like Instagram and TikTok, vertical mode is becoming more and more popular. The DJI Mini 3 Pro can also be used with the DJI RC Pro controller.
The latest DJI Mini 3 Pro firmware upgrade also lets you choose between shutter priority and ISO priority while shooting. Furthermore, the degree of sharpening and noise reduction applied to the jpg files can now be customized.
The latest Firmware Update brings even more new features to the DJI Mini 3 Pro. The camera may now be directed upwards at a wider angle while taking panoramic images. A new 2-second interval has been introduced while recording an aerial hyperlapse.
After updating the mini camera drone with the latest firmware update, the DJI Mini 3 Pro will now be in compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Remote ID for drones.
Before you upgrade the DJI Mini 3 Pro's firmware, make sure you have the most current version of DJI Fly loaded (v1.7.8 or newer).
The sub-250-gram drone can then be updated to firmware v01.0.0400. The DJI RC-N1 controller is set to v04.14.0400, whereas the DJI RC is set to v01.02.0000.
DJI Mini 3 Pro Firmware update
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
- DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0400
- DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.02.0000
- DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.1000
- DJI Fly App iOS: v1.7.8
- DJI Fly App Android: v1.7.8
- Added support for FAA's Remote ID requirements in the United States.
- Added support for using MasterShots in portrait mode.
- Added shutter priority and ISO priority for the camera in Pro mode.
- Added support for adjusting style parameters such as sharpness and noise reduction.
- Added support for using wide-angle lens.
- When the firmware update is complete, the Remote ID function cannot be disabled, and DJI Fly v1.7.8 or later is required to fly the aircraft in the United States.
- Other added features also require DJI Fly v1.7.8 or later.
- If the firmware update fails, restart the DJI Mini 3 Pro, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.