New DJI Mic now offers more options for content creators
After launching the DJI Mini 3 drone, DJI surprises us once again with a new product just before the end of the year. This time, it's a new version of the DJI Mic, the DJI Mic (1 TX + 1 RX) specifically designed for content creators.
This new option, which is a wirelessly connected audio transmitter and receiver, lets you record clear, crisp sound for video situations like digital camera and smartphone recordings, as well as for pure audio formats like voiceovers and interviews.
In October 2021, DJI Mic came out as an all-in-one solution with two audio transmitters, one audio receiver, and a charging case.
Based on customer feedback, the world's largest camera drone manufacturer improved and further developed the microphone system, resulting in the DJI Mic (1 TX + 1 RX), which provides a simplified audio system for on-the-fly studio-level sound recording.
The receiver (RX) and transmitter (TX) are pre-paired and have a battery life of 5 and 5.5 hours, respectively. For completely wireless audio, RX and TX have a range of up to 250 meters.
TX has an interchangeable input that can be connected to either a USB-C or Lightning connector on a smartphone, as well as a hot shoe adapter for connecting to a camera.
RX includes a built-in magnetic clip mechanism that allows it to be worn without needing a wired lapel mic. In addition, the receiver contains 8GB of internal storage for independent recording, allowing it to record up to 14 hours of 24-bit lossless music.
With these qualities, DJI believes that the DJI Mic (1 TX + 1 RX) becomes the ideal choice for vlogging, live-streaming, and other types of content creation.
Key Features of the DJI Mic (1 TX + 1 RX)
- Max 250m Stable Wireless Transmission: Long-distance audio transmission range delivers a stable feed in common recording environments such as live-streaming rooms, studios, and outdoors.
- Compact and Ultra-Light: 30g transmitter is a super compact wireless microphone that is unobtrusive and easy to wear.
- Convenient and Invisible Magnetic Attachment: A unique clip and magnet design provides added flexibility for on-the-go sound recording.
- OLED Touchscreen: 0.95-inch built-in screen allows for tapping and swiping to adjust recording levels, screen brightness, check battery levels, and more.
- 14 Hours of 24-Bit Lossless Audio: 8GB of storage built into the transmitter stores up to 14 hours of 48KHZ 14-bit audio, and plugs and plays into any computer to export all audio files, no special software required.
- Native Compatibility: The DJI Mic receiver supports USB-C, Lightning, and 3.5mm TRS interface for compatibility with most smartphone, camera, and laptop models, in addition to DJI Ronin 4D, Osmo Mobile 6, and Osmo Action 3. The transmitter also can also remotely start and stop recording of the smartphone camera when the receiver is connected.
In the DJI Mic (1 TX + 1 RX) box, you will find:
- DJI Mic Receiver ×1
- DJI Mic Transmitter ×1
- DJI Mic Camera Audio Cable (3.5mm TRS) ×1
- DJI Mic Mobile Phone Adapter (Type-C) ×1
- DJI Mic Mobile Phone Adapter (Lightning) ×1
- DJI Mic Windscreen ×1
- DJI Mic Clip Magnet ×1
- DJI Mic Hot Shoe Adapter ×1
- DJI Mic Splitter Charging Cable ×1
- DJI Mic Storage Bag ×1
Pricing & Availability of the DJI Mic (1 TX + 1 RX)
DJI Mic (1 TX + 1 RX): is to be determined.
The DJI Mic (1 TX + 1 RX) will be available starting January 9, 2023, at the DJI Store and authorized retailers.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.