Here are today's most important drone News articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Iconic drone photo of the Burnside Bridge protest in Portland – Here's an article that explains how the iconic photo of the Burnside Bridge protest in Portland was captured. The aerial photo of thousands of people protesting and laying down on the bridge on June 2 for 8 minutes and 46 seconds in remembrance of George Floyd, quickly went viral. The photo pushed photographer Andrew Wallner into the Spotlight and created some controversy over safe drone flying practices. The protest lasted for less than 10 minutes, but the iconic drone photo captured this moment for eternity and for all of us to see.
Drone photos show extend of oil spill after boats sinks – Drone Photos from Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service (LFRS) show the extent of an oil spill after a boat had sunk in the Glasson Dock Marina. A large cleanup operation is now underway to contain the spill and remove the oil from the water.
Autonomous drones fly complicated maneuvers using onboard sensors and AI – In partnership with Intel, a team of researchers from the University of Zurich has enabled autonomous drones to fly complicated maneuvers using only onboard sensors and AI.
Update for DJI Fly app – DJI releases version 1.1.5 – Yesterday, DJI released a new update for the DJI Fly App. This is version 1.1.5 that has a file size of 268.6 MB. The update includes some small improvements in general and some more useful ones that are exclusively for the recently launched DJI Mavic Air 2.
Drone finds lost hiking family in Florida nature reserve – What started out as a leisurely family hike turned scary when the group got lost in an almost 2,000 square mile Florida nature reserve last Sunday. Luckily an operator with a drone found the lost hikers quickly.
Medical drone company Swoop Aero secures eight-figure investment – Swoop Aero, based in Melbourne, Australia, builds and operates drones to transport medical supplies, just announced it has secured an eight-figure investment round. The medical drone company will use the funds to establish a presence in New Zealand and certify is aviation systems for additional operations.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Using drones to monitor
- Watch a Drone Put a Pride Flag on Ukraine's Statue of Liberty
- Must Watch: Remy Metailler Shreds Squamish Classics with Incredible Drone Footage
- How blockchain could unlock the potential of unmanned aviation
- DSV to expand Canadian drone programme
- Police searching for drone trapped in tree near Collins Bay Institution
- Drone show remains possibility for Independence Day 2021
- British swarming drone projects beating expectations
- Volunteer posts drone video to YouTube in search for man missing from Sky Forest
- UCSD duo takes aim at coronavirus with disinfection drones armed with UV lights
- Drone sighting at Kingston, Ont., prison sparks all day search
- Trump's Dismal Drone Policy
- Drone video shows surfers' very close encounter with great white shark
- Malaysian police arrest 2 more people for using drones to smuggle drugs between JB and Singapore
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.