Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DHS warns police that Chinese DJI drones are ‘at risk’ of data breach – Surveillance drones made by Chinese drone maker DJI are at risk of having their data intercepted, warns the Department of Homeland Security to U.S. police departments.
Saskatchewan highway patrol chief fired for improper purchases including drone – The Saskatchewan’s Minister of Highways said that the highway patrol chief was fired after improper purchases of silencers, a high-power rifle scope, and a drone.
FAA awards contract for UTM testing to Switch – The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has awarded a contract for the development and testing of a UAS traffic management system (UTM) at the Nevada Institute for Autonomous Systems (NIAS) to ANRA Technologies, IT-infrastructure provider Switch.
Former FAA executives start AccelerātUM to expedite drone operations – Former senior FAA executives launched AccelerātUM to expedite drone operations. On the website, it says that the company is “an inclusive, non-partisan, privately funded collaborative developing consensus-based solutions for the unmanned mobility industry by bringing together commercial end-users, municipalities, emergency service providers, manufacturers, technology providers, researchers, and regulators.” Recently, they announced Brett Fedderson as President.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- 22-year-old Malaysian makes US$1,165 a month by helping farmers spray pesticide using drones
- Drones for farming? High-tech gadgets could save farmers money and time in tough economy
- Domino’s delivers pizza by drone to Dutch beach — but it was just a trial
- VIDEO: Jaw-Dropping Drone Footage Gives a New Perspective Through an Avalanche Chute
- Montana to consider limits on fishing drones, remote-controlled boats
- Drone. Lights. Camera. Art. “Space-time sculptures” create one-of-a-kind works of art in Colorado’s mountains
- How Drones Are Keeping the Lights On
- Pentagon Plans ‘Plug & Play’ Drone-Killing Tech
- See This Picture? Meet Israel’s New Starliner Drone.
- Air Force staffing shortage causing health issues in drone pilots, GAO report says
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.