Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Drones prove invaluable during heavy flooding in South Korea – In South Korea drones with hi-res cameras have shown to be invaluable during this year’s lengthy monsoon season. Last Wednesday, the drone team from the Chungbuk Provincial Police Agency used unmanned aircraft to look for missing people after a flood swept through Chungju Lake near Jecheon.
Pentagon launches task force to investigate UFO sightings that some believe are drones – The Pentagon is forming a new task force to investigate UFO sightings that have been witnessed by U.S. military aircraft, say, two defense officials. However, others believe that these sightings might be drones possibly operated by earthly adversaries trying to gather intelligence instead of extraterrestrials.
Drone with thermal camera used in search for missing kayaker in Boomer Lake – On Thursday evening around 9:40 p.m., kayakers found an overturned kayak and belongings in Boomer Lake near Stillwater, Oklahoma. First responders from multiple agencies were involved in the search for the missing kayaker and used a drone with a thermal camera as well as other equipment.
DroneAnalyst provides new insight into FAA Aerospace Forecast on drone industry – Recently, former DJI employee David Benowitz joined the DroneAnalyst, as Head of Research and picked up where Collin Snow left off. Today, the DroneAnalyst released its latest report that provides new insight into the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Aerospace Forecast 2020-2040 on the drone industry. Let’s dive in.
Bald eagle sends drone into Lake Michigan in an act of air superiority – A bald eagle sends a drone operated by the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) into Lake Michigan in an act of air superiority.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Army buys $189M counter drone system but already has plans to replace it
- Turkey successfully tests 2nd prototype of combat drone
- Taking Research with Drones to New Heights
- AeroSeeder drone designed to speed the seeding of cover crops
- Rays’ humiliation of Red Sox in Boston delayed by teen’s drone
- New York drone test site to develop ‘air taxi’ vertiport technology
- Foodpanda collaborates with ST Engineering on drone food delivery trials
- Man, 77, fatally struck while walking on Summerside street – Drone used to survey the scene
- Drones driving community conservation of the sea cow
- Police Drones Now in Operation
- Police in Singapore are using drones to enforce social distancing
- Local companies demonstrate drone delivery at The Grounds
- U.S. Air Force uses football-sized drone to assist base security
- Rare drone footage of mysterious craters in Greece
- DRONES FOR DISASTER RESPONSE AND MANAGEMENT
- Machine Learning Lets Swarms of Drones Fly Without Colliding
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.