Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Alliance for Drone Innovation raises concerns around proposed ban on Chinese-made drones – In a letter to Congress this week, the Alliance for Drone Innovation (ADI) has raised concerns around the proposed ban on Chinese-made drones. The group said that such a ban would “hurt the drone industry” and would leave the federal government with fewer options.
Human kidney successfully transported by drone over Las Vegas desert – Last week, MissionGO and Nevada Donor Network announced that they had successfully transported by drone a human kidney over the Las Vegas desert in Nevada. Could this become the future of organ transportation?
DJI Enterprise to make two big announcements at INTERGEO Digital 2020 – This year during the biggest geospatial exhibition, the INTERGEO Digital 2020 convention, DJI Enterprise will make two big announcements.
Thermal drone finds missing teen after two days near Mt. St. Helens – With the help of a thermal drone, a missing Vancouver teen was found safe after two days near Mount St. Helens. After the 16-year-old had suddenly vanished a massive search and rescue party was organized including more than 100 people and two helicopters. He was safely found with the help of a drone with a thermal camera after almost 32 hours.
Google’s Wing expands drone deliveries in Australia after 500% surge – After successful trials in Canberra and Logan, Queensland, Google’s Wing expands drone deliveries to new locations in Australia in the coming months.
Sniffer drone deployed over Strait of Dover to measure ships’ emissions – France’s Ministry of the Sea is deploying a sniffer drone in the Pas-de-Calais region, bordering the Strait of Dover, which is the world’s busiest area for ship movements, to tighten control of ship emissions.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Europe’s challenge to Facebook; Amazon home drones
- FAA Approval for Amazon Drone Delivery Encouraging, But Process Needs Streamlining
- Johnsburg man offers drone sanitizing services
- The future of drones: the good, bad and ugly
- Michigan College Drone Program Celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Ministry of Defence is developing weaponised drones armed with SHOTGUNS that can fly indoors and identify targets using ‘machine vision’
- SkyGrid Launches All-in-One Drone App to Automate Every Phase of Flight
- The National Guard’s Fire-Mapping Drones Get an AI Upgrade
- Ring Always Home Cam indoor security drone: What you need to know
- Armed drone is a real street fighter
- The US’s Sparrowhawk Is a Mid-Air Drone Launch-Recovery System
- Drone video captures the devastation left behind by the fires in California wine country
- Drones bringing Greater Manchester’s proud aviation history to life
- Drone-based photogrammetry a new addition to geologic research services
- Watch breathtaking footage of this year’s fall foliage in the White Mountains
- JAL, Volocopter eye Japan air taxi launch within three years
- Fishers police use K-9s, drones to try to find man seen looking into cars
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.