Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Canada’s National Research Council declares aircraft are at high risk from some drones – Canada’s National Research Council (NRC) has released a detailed analysis of the risks to aircraft from small quadcopters of the type typically operated by both inexperienced and professional users.
Beagle Drones is on track for $100K in sales and looks for funding – Dwight Neptune, a 22-year-old college dropout, founded drone startup Beagle Drones when he was 18 years old. Now his young company is on track for $100,000 in sales and is looking for funding to expand its business.
DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual gives firefighters a tactical advantage – In an emergency situation, when every second counts, making the right decision quickly can mean the difference between life or death. The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual gives Firefighters a tactical advantage as it can help pinpoint the exact location of a fire inside a building or structure. Without a drone and a thermal camera locating a fire or deciding what door can be safely opened can be a deadly guessing game.
Flash Forest drones can plant trees 10x faster than humans – The drones from the Canadian company, Flash Forest can plant trees 10 times faster than humans. The company uses the latest Drone Technology in combination with aerial mapping software, pneumatics, automation, and ecological science to reforest areas at a rapid pace, especially areas that have been clear-cut or ravaged by wildfires.
Mysterious lights along I-75 are Firefly drone show test flights – Along I-75 near Holly, Michigan, several people have witnessed mysterious lights in the sky. These lights are not from alien spaceships as some might have believed. Instead, these are test drone show test flights from a local company called Firefly Drone Shows.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- New Urban Combat Drone Is a Shotgun Toting Hexacopter
- How is a shotgun-wielding drone able to fly indoors?
- Disinfecting drones will clean Atlanta stadium between events
- How COVID-19 helped the struggling drone industry take flight
- Bell Learned That Its APT 70 Cargo Drone Can Integrate With Manned Traffic During A Demo Flight. What Did It Learn About Avoidance and 5G?
- UK test site to run trials of unmanned drone traffic management system
- New partnership to promote drone technologies for winter mountain events
- Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: Armenia shoots down drones near capital
- A Fixed-Wing Drone Survey Helps Set New Safety Standards at a Copper Mine
- Atlanta Falcons to use drones to clean Mercedes-Benz Stadium after games
- National Guard To Augment Fire-Spotting Drones With AI
- A drone used to smuggle a 4 kg package of hashish between Morocco and Ceuta
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.