Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
REMOTE ID FOR DRONES PATENT AWARDED TO KENJI SUGAHARA FROM ARIASCEND – We have just learned that the United States Patent Office awarded what seems to the first Remote ID for Drones patent to Kenji Sugahara CEO and founder of AriAscend, an Oregon-based UAS research, and development company.
DJI MINI 2 GETS SIGNIFICANT FIRMWARE UPDATE – V01.02.0100 – DJI has released a new firmware update for the popular DJI Mini 2 drone and its controller. The update brings a lot of improvements, including the ability to film up to 60 fps in 2.7K resolution and the option to zoom in while shooting. DJI has also fixed a number of bugs.
WATCH: EPIC DRONE SHOTS FROM AN ATV FREESTYLER – As you are used to, we regularly post beautiful drone videos on DroneXL. In 2021, we will broaden this tradition by also sharing “regular” videos that stand out for the creative use of drone shots. A good example of this is a short documentary about the French quad rider David Tharan. Thanks to the cinematic FPV drone shots you get a unique impression of his stunts.
NEW PHOTO OF SOON-TO-BE-RELEASED DJI FPV DRONE ON TWITTER – Right after posting the photo of the DJI FPV Drone remote controller, another photo leaked showing DJI’s soon-to-be-released FPV Drone. This photo shows the unmanned aircraft from the from and close-up making it appear larger than it would be in reality.
NEW LEAKED PHOTO DJI FPV DRONE REMOTE CONTROLLER. POSSIBLE CES 2021 RELEASE? – Earlier today, a new leaked photo of the DJI FPV Drone remote controller surfaced on Twitter showing the controller in much greater detail than we have seen before. Is the release of this new DJI drone scheduled for CES 2021? Possibly. Let’s take a look at the controller first.
APPLE IS WORKING ON A HIGH-TECH MODEM FOR DRONES ACCORDING TO PATENT FILING – According to a filing with the US Patent & Trademark Office, Apple is working on a high-tech modem for drones, officially called the “EU Modem for Drones with Flight Path and 3D Wireless Environment Signal Quality Information.”
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- FAA Issues Drones Rules for Safety
- Drone helps find missing Florida children
- Canada’s New Drone Can Better Surveil Its Challenging Arctic Environment
- This Drone Sniffs Out Odors With a Real Moth Antenna
- Shark captured in drone video in area of woman’s Big Island shark bite
- OSHA’s Use of Drones May Expand in 2021
- Ag representatives will have a say on drone policy
- Drone, Asset Management Company Cyberhawk Expands
- What are they doing? BTU using a UAV to survey Texas Avenue
- The Drone Industry: Lessons Learned in 2020
- Walmart making plans for drone delivery hub in Pea Ridge
- Drone lost over Blossburg
- ‘Sky is the limit:’ Pilot project using drones to send medical supplies, COVID tests
- Student Robot Drone League challenge scheduled in Camilla
- BAE and UAVTEK deliver tiny ‘Bug’ drone for UK Army
- Hy-Hybrid Energy, GOLDI and MMC focus on hydrogen drone project
- Leonardo to start new phase of drone contest in coming months 0
- Watch: 300 drones will light the sky for a DSF drone show
- Norway landslide rescue teams find no signs of life in wreckage as drone shows extent of damage
- Rotterdam sees in the new year with drone show
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.