DJI’s Long March reforms are not over yet as indicated by these most recent organizational changes. The personnel moves were announced in an internal email shared with DroneXL and confirmed by DJI.
DJI’s Long March reforms not over as indicated by most recent changes
Right before the end of 2020, this internal email from DJI announcing more personnel changes as part of their Long March reforms, was shared with us. We reached out to DJI and a spokesperson confirmed the email and information therein.
Here’s the original text:
1. 中国战区： Larry Lee
2. 欧洲战区： Ricky Ma （Kris Lin辅助）
3. 亚太一区 （澳新，日韩）： River He
4. 亚太二区 （港澳台地区，东南亚，南亚) ： Dejun Lin
5. 拉美中东非： Kris Teng (见习期: 6个月）
6. 电商: Daniel Mao
7. 哈苏市场销售部: Sen Chen
And here is the Google translation which as far as we have been able to determine is quite accurate.
in order to launch off the 2021 business, welcoming new challenges, we are making the following changes to the people in charge of the consumer theaters and the Hasselblad department, effective from 1.1.2021
1. China Theater: Larry Lee
2. Europe Theater: Ricky Ma (Kris Lin assists)
3. APAC Zone I (Australia, Japan, Korea): River He
4. APAC Zone II (Hong Kong, Taiwan, SEA, South Asia): Dejun Lin
5. LATAM, MEA, Africa: Kris Teng (Probation: 6 Month)
6. E-Commerce: Daniel Mao
7. Hasselblad: Sen Chen
8. US Theater lead unchanged
We hope that the persons in charge will deliver in their respective theaters and create new success.
It is important to point out that the reference of ‘theater’ has little today with broadway shows and is more accurately interpreted as a military term to indicate an area of interest and action. We have seen DJI use military references to communicate goals and motivate employees in previous situations. This approach is not unique to DJI as we will see in future articles.
Does a DJI internal memo ever go out without DroneXL publishing it? And I've always seen people translate 战区 as "war zone", which is what DJI uses to refer to each region in this memo. https://t.co/e4OttQgzSo
— David Benowitz (@Dave_Beno) January 6, 2021
- DJI RESPONDS TO SWEEPING CUTS IN ‘LONG MARCH’ REFORMS ARTICLE
- DJI MAKES SWEEPING CUTS IN ‘LONG MARCH’ REFORMS
- TWO MORE EXECUTIVES HAVE LEFT DJI NORTH AMERICA
- DJI TRAINING AT WHAMPOA MILITARY ACADEMY IS NOT JUST A WEEKEND TEAM-BUILDING EVENT
- DJI MILITARY TRAINING REQUIRED FOR ALL EMPLOYEES IN CHINA TO ‘PREPARE FOR WAR’
- DJI’S VISION, MISION AND VALUES INTERNAL DOCUMENT REVEALED
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.