Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI MAVIC 2 ENTERPRISE ADVANCED PRICED AT $6,240 – Since the announcement of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced we have been wondering how much it would cost. Well, today we can confirm that this commercial drone with a high-resolution thermal camera is priced at $6,240.
TWO OHIO MEN CHARGED WITH USE DRONE TO DROP CONTRABAND IN PRISON – A grand jury indicted two Cleveland-area men, who had accused of using a drone to drop Contraband, including drugs and cell phones, into the Southwest Ohio prison yard, last summer.
WEST PALM BEACH HIGH SCHOOL RECEIVES FIVE DRONES WORTH $20,000 – West Palm Beach Lakes High School receives five drones worth $20,000 from Florida Power & Light to get the school’s new drone program off the ground.
SCARED-TO-DEATH GIRL CHASED BY DRONE FOR MONTHS IN WEIRD ANIMATED STORY – Why is it that drones are still portrayed as the bad guy? We have the Lego set, made infamous by Brendan Schulman, in which a drone is shown to steal a statue and is being chased by a Police helicopter. We have seen stories in which drones have been used to spy on people. And today I come across this weird animated story in which a scared-to-death girl is chased and harassed by a drone flown by her own grandfather. Instead of focusing on how drones can be used for bad, we at DroneXL like to focus on how drones can be used for good and how over 550 lives have been saved with the help of unmanned aircraft. Be sure to check out this video and perhaps leave them a comment.
WHAT IF THE DJI FPV DRONE WOULD OFFER A 3D FLYING EXPERIENCE? – What if the yet-to-be-released DJI FPV drone would offer a 3D flying experience for the drone pilot? As in viewing the world form above in 3D with those new DJI Goggles V2. Wouldn’t that be cool? Today, Mr. D. asked me that question, and my initial reaction was, no way… However, the more I thought about it, the more it started to make sense.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Iran and Turkey have become drone powers
- Victorian firefighters get a dedicated drone unit
- Fly me a pizza (or two)
- ODOT offering free drone course online
- UK flies 20-drone swarm in major test
- NTU study finds Singapore public less keen on drone use in residential areas than industrial zones
- Beyond Visual Line Of Sight (BVLOS) Drone Market Could Exceed $34 Billion By 2029
- Deputies use thermal imaging drone to rescue 78-year-old man from embankment
- Drone Delivery Canada Announces Plans to Integrate AI into its Disruptive Drone Solution
- Airmap Suggests Drone Airspace Should be Monetized, Sparking Outrage
- Middle East Drone Wars Are Now Here. Are We Ready? | Opinion
- Excuse us for droning on…
- AE Industrial Partners acquires tactical drone maker UAV Factory
- World’s first ‘flying taxi’ and drone airport to open in Coventry later this year
- FAA approves fully automated commercial drone flights
- Proposed Bill Allows Florida Police to Use Drones to Surveil Large Crowds. What Could Go Wrong?
- Study finds Singapore public less keen on drone use in residential areas than industrial zones
- RIT professor developing drone imaging systems to help farmers monitor grapevine nutrients
- DRONE CRASHES THROUGH DARLING HARBOUR WINDOW, INJURING OCCUPANT
- Drones Could Soon Dominate the Delivery Market
- High-tech drone fleet is ‘going to be amazing’ for firefighters
- North Korea moves toward mass production of miniature reconnaissance drones
- SpaceX drone ship fleet aces two Falcon 9 booster recoveries in 48 hours
- Update – Drones used in search for New London teenager returned home after being reported missing Wednesday
- Student drone photography entrepreneurs recognised with international award
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.