Finally! Today, the Chinese dronemaker DJI released the new DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Update we have all been waiting for. This firmware update unlocks all of the features we have been waiting for since the launch of the flagship DJI drone. Let’s jump in.
When the DJI Mavic 3 was launched right before the holiday shopping season, many drone pilots were very excited. After all, this was the new flagship DJI drone that came to the market after three years of waiting. You can imagine the disappointment when we found out that many of the important features of this drone would not be available for months. No, DJI told us we had to wait until January of 2022, to see these missing features made available through a firmware update.
Overview of DJI MAVIC 3 FIRMWARE UPDATE
- Date: 2022.01.24
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0500
- Remote Controller: v04.13.0500
- DJI Fly App iOS: v1.5.8
- DJI Fly App Android: v1.5.8
What’s New in this firmware update?
- Added QuickShots including Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, Boomerang, and Asteroid.
- Added Panorama mode, capable of capturing in high resolution.
- Added burst shooting.
- Added digital zoom for normal video mode.
- Added Color Display Assist for D-Log.
- Added 4K/60fps and manual EI adjustment for MasterShots.
- Added QuickTransfer.
- Added zoom and D-Log for FocusTrack when recording video.
- Added support to set RTH altitude for Advanced RTH.
- Added USB mode for Mavic 3 Cine for copying data.
- Optimized accuracy of color correction.
- Increased image sharpness of Tele camera when shooting at high magnification.
- Optimized image area for Timelapse photos.
- Added support to DJI RC Pro to output clean HDMI footage.
- Added support for DJI RC Pro to cache video and download original video to an external SD card.
- Added support to use DJI RC Pro with DJI Air 2S.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Added features require DJI Fly v1.5.8 or later.
- USB mode will be disabled after updating firmware. Users can enable USB mode again in DJI Fly.
- If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.
For more detailed instructions on how to successfully complete the DJI Mavic 3 firmware update watch the video below.
Let us know what you think about the DJI Mavic 3 firmware update in the comments below. Did DJI forget anything? Did you have trouble updating your drone? We’d like to know.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.