Firefighters are trying to contain the Beachie Creek and Riverside Fires that have already burned 330,867 acres combined. Unfortunately, illegal drones from recreational pilots aren’t helping.
Illegal drones ground aircraft fighting large wildfires in Oregon
“Drone owners who ignore temporary flight restrictions over Wildfire perimeters are causing real consequences,” the department said. “This week Riverside & Beachie Creek crews had to temporarily ground aircraft due to drones illegally flying over the area. Do the right thing: If you fly, we can’t!”
Both wildfires are burning in the western part of Oregon, east of Salem.
Other relevant News stories about drone and wildfires:
- Drone hindered firefighters in battle with Larkspur wildfire in Colorado
- Fire experts ask people to not use drones near wildfires
- Colorado firefighters use drone-deployed dragon eggs against wildfires
- Trump ban on Chinese-made drone parts increases risk wildfires
- No FAA prosecution for operator suspected of flying drone illegally into Bighorn Fire-fighting airspace
- Don’t interfere with wildland fire operations when flying your drone!
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.