Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Japan to stop buying Chinese made drones over data security concerns – The Japanese government is set to stop buying Chinese-made drones because of data security concerns, according to six people in government and the ruling party who are familiar with the matter.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro falls out of the sky and ‘exploded’ – This morning, I came across the following story of a DJI Mavic 2 Pro that fell out of the sky, hit the ground, and then ‘exploded’. As you can see in the photos the fire must have been really intense as there is little left of the actual drone. Please let me know if you have had a similar situation.
DJI Black Friday and Holiday Gift Guide minisite to help you shop – For the upcoming shopping season, DJI launches a special DJI Black Friday and Holiday Gift Guide minisite. Shoppers will be able to browse all DJI’s latest products and special promotions on this dedicated website.
DJI Fly app no longer supports iOS 10 – The DJI Fly app will no longer support iOS 10 and below operating systems after the releases of v1.1.10. DJI says that they’re doing this to provide a better software experience, a higher quality, and a more stable platform. The DJI Fly app is used to control the DJI Mavic Air 2, the Mavic Mini, and the soon to be released DJI Mini 2.
New Jersey town aims to regulate airspace and restrict drones – The New Jersey town of Westwood mistakenly aims to regulate the airspace below 400 feet and restrict the use of drones. Only the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) can regulate airspace. Cities, towns, and villages can only restrict where drones can take off and land. For instance in city parks. Keep reading for all the details in this story, that will likely drive you up the wall.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drones that patrol forests could monitor environmental and ecological changes
- Pentagon plans to open a school focused entirely on beating drones
- We Need to Know Who’s Surveilling Protests—and Why
- Drones Save Lives By Diving Into Volcanoes – For Science
- Navy Reveals Basing Plans for New MQ-25 Stingray Tanker Drones
- 5G: Using drones to beam signals from the stratosphere
- NCDOT drone work to continue as one program ends and another begins
- Amazon’s Surveillance Drones Violate FCC Rules. It’s Time To Enforce Them
- North Dakota Testbed Unveils Drone ‘Interstate’ System
- Remarkable drone footage shows how much damage has been done to an ancient wood near Leamington
- From the sky: Drone photos capture long voting line in CT
- FAA extends drone test at Memphis airport, FedEx hub
- Sheriff uses K9, drone to catch wanted Kansas woman
- Mom injured while searching for her missing son in Manning Park
- Jets Scrambled as Gaza Drone Crosses Border
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.