DJI Matrice 350 RTK Revamps Commercial Drone Capabilities
DJI, the leading manufacturer of civilian drones and aerial imaging tech, has today lifted the bar for commercial drone operators with its launch of the DJI Matrice 350 RTK (M350 RTK). This enhanced flagship drone platform offers increased versatility, safety, and efficiency for any aerial operations, from public safety and energy to mapping, infrastructure, or forestry.
Senior Director of Corporate Strategy at DJI, Christina Zhang, noted the positive impact of their platforms on commercial drone pilots globally, enhancing safety and efficiency over conventional technologies.
She said, “The new capabilities offered by the advanced technology of the M350 RTK enables operators to push these boundaries even further.”
Armed with a max flight time of 55 minutes and a payload capacity of 2.7kg, the M350 RTK can accommodate a variety of payloads to suit various tasks. Its new DJI O3 Enterprise Transmission offers triple-channel 1080p HD live feeds and a maximum transmission distance of 20 km, thanks to a four-antenna transceiver system. This system smartly chooses the best two antennas for signal transmission while concurrently receiving signals on all four, optimizing stability and significantly enhancing anti-interference capabilities.
Increased flight safety with the Matrice 350 RTK
The M350 RTK's safety features have been amplified to ensure operation in less than ideal flying conditions. Its IP rating has been boosted from IP45 to IP55, and the FPV camera has been upgraded for safer night flight navigation. Furthermore, it includes a new arm lock detection function to prevent risks associated with unlocked arm sleeves.
Its six-directional binocular vision system and an infrared sensing system enhance positioning and obstacle-sensing capabilities, offering comprehensive flight protection. An optional CSM radar can be affixed to the drone's top, detecting subtle obstacles within a 360° detection range up to 30m away.
Lastly, the M350 RTK boasts a multi-layered redundancy design in both the aircraft and sensor system, ensuring confident operation in harsh environments.
DJI's Matrice 350 RTK (M350 RTK) now comes standard with the DJI RC Plus, enhancing the operator's efficiency. With a 7-inch high-bright screen, an option for Dual Operator Mode, and a battery life of up to six hours, the RC Plus provides robust support for operations in challenging conditions. It is dustproof and waterproof to IP54 and operates comfortably between -20° to 50° C (-4° to 122° F).
The control system is intuitive and flexible with buttons and dials located on the front, back, and top, with customization options. The Pilot 2 app on the RC Plus further streamlines operations, offering comprehensive drone and project management.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) further amplifies efficiency and safety. The AI Spot Check allows for automated routine inspections while ensuring consistent results, whereas PinPoint enables quick object marking, providing an AR icon with object coordinates—essential in Search and Rescue operations.
Reducing the costs of flight
The M350 RTK also features a new TB65 battery with 100% increased battery cycle count, capable of being charged up to 400 times, reducing single flight costs. The dual-battery system accommodates battery hot swapping, allowing for continuous flights without power-offs.
In terms of charging, the new BS65 Intelligent Battery Station provides comprehensive solutions for charging, storage, and transport. It offers multiple charging modes, like the Storage Mode which charges the battery up to 50% for long idle periods, and Ready-to-Fly Mode, rapidly charging multiple battery sets to 90%, extending the battery life.
Connected to DJI RC Plus, the DJI Pilot 2 app displays battery status and health. The app also allows users to set the number of self-discharge days, update firmware, export logs, and perform other operations with a single tap.
DJI Matrice 350 RTK can be used with powerful payloads
Finally, the M350 RTK is compatible with a single downward gimbal, dual downward gimbals, and single upward gimbal. Its max payload capacity of 2.7 kg allows the aircraft to carry up to three separate payloads simultaneously, fulfilling the requirements of various operation scenarios such as public safety, inspection, and mapping.
- Zenmuse H20 Series: The four-sensor system of zoom camera, wide camera, thermal
camera, and laser rangefinder works together, supplemented by advanced intelligent algorithms, to deliver outstanding sensing and imaging performance.
- Zenmuse H20N integrates starlight sensors into its zoom and wide-angle cameras. Pair this with dual zoom thermal cameras and a laser rangefinder, and the user has a versatile hybrid payload that rises to the occasion.
- Zenmuse P1 integrates a full-frame sensor with interchangeable fixed-focus lenses on a 3-axis stabilized gimbal. Designed for photogrammetry flight missions, it takes efficiency and accuracy to a whole new level.
- Zenmuse L1 integrates a LiVOX LiDAR module, a high-accuracy IMU, and a mapping camera. When used with the flight platform, it forms a complete solution that gives you real-time 3D data throughout the day, efficiently capturing the details of complex structures and delivering highly accurate reconstructed models.
- Third-Party Payloads: Customized payloads like gas detectors, loudspeakers, and multispectral sensors can be combined with M350 RTK through DJI Payload SDK to expand application fields.
DJI Enterprise drones are built to make the end user's life as safe and easy as possible while carrying out their operations and the M350 RTK is no exception. A number of intelligent features such Waypoint, Mapping, Oblique, Linear Flight, Terrain Follow, Smart Oblique, PinPoint, Live Mission Recording and AI Spot-Check, can be used to get the very best from the aerial platform.
- High-Precision Mapping: The M350 RTK supports Waypoint, Mapping, Oblique, and Linear Flight missions. Terrain Follow or Smart Oblique can be used for efficient data collection and, when combined with DJI Terra, HD 2D and 3D digital results can be quickly achieved for high-precision and high-efficiency mapping operations.
- Air-to-Ground Coordination: With functions like the high-precision PinPoint and cloud-based real-time mapping, the M350 RTK can link the air, ground, and cloud together. After the aircraft completes image collection, DJI FlightHub 2 can quickly model the operation site and transmit command information to the aircraft and ground operators. Both the remote controller and FlightHub 2 support point, line, surface drawing, and real-time uploading, and can cooperate with the aircraft to livestream the real-time operation view, breaking through communication barriers for air-to-ground collaborative operation.
- Automated Precision Inspection: Through Live Mission Recording, the M350 RTK can generate and store flight route files that can be used at any time to create automated operations and reduce the time and effort needed for make repetitive inspections. When using AI Spot-Check,the M350 RTK supports automatic framing and manual adjustment of subjects to improve the accuracy of repeated shooting and the quality of inspection operation.
An expandable ecosystem
Operators can get even more from their M350 RTK by leveraging the DJI SDK and API ecosystem.
- Payload SDK: A variety of third-party payloads such as gas detectors, loudspeakers, multispectral sensors, computing modules, can be integrated to utilize the platform in even more ways. Payload SDK supports E-Port, SkyPort V2, and DJI X-Port,which greatly reduce the payload development lifecycle and maximize the potential of the payloads in more diverse scenarios. E-Port supports Payload SDK V3 and later versions, and is compatible with third-party Payload SDK payloads of the Matrice 30 Series.
- Mobile SDK: With a large network of third-party mobile applications, the capabilities of the drone platform to meet specialized mission needs can be unlocked. Utilizing Mobile SDK, the M350 RTK supports highly customizable mobile app development.
- Cloud API: With Cloud API, the M350 RTK can be directly integrated to third-party cloud platforms via the DJI Pilot 2 app, accessing functions like data transfer, live stream, and flight route distribution.
Price and Availability
The DJI M350 RTK is available for purchase today from store.dji.com and DJI Enterprise Dealers.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.