DJI Mavic 3 Multispectral also gets a firmware update today
The DJI Mavic 3 Multispectral, or DJI Mavic 3M, also received a significant firmware update today. This update comes on the heels of a Firmware Update for the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise.
Overview of the firmware update for the Mavic 3 Multispectral:
- Date: 2023.03.02
- Aircraft Firmware: v06.01.06.06
- Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.04.07
- DJI Pilot 2 App: v188.8.131.52
- DJI Terra: v3.6.6
- DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series): v2.1.7
- DJI Assistant 2 for MG: v2.1.3
What's new in this firmware update?
- Added support for 8x digital zoom for RGB camera.
- Added Terrain Follow for flight tasks:
- a. Smart Oblique and Linear tasks support both Real-Time Follow and DSM Follow.
- b. Oblique tasks only support DSM Follow.
- Added POI function. The aircraft can circle and fly around a PinPoint to obtain omnidirectional information of the target.
- Added ability to customize the camera angle for Mapping tasks. When planning a flight route, the aircraft orientation and gimbal pitch angle can be set for the route.
- Added ability to execute flight tasks during flight for fast and efficient execution of flight tasks at the current location. Tap the flight route icon to create or select a flight task on the camera or map view of the DJI Pilot 2 app.
- Added ability to set Safe Takeoff Altitude for flight tasks to improve flight safety. This parameter setting is only valid when the aircraft executes a flight task before takeoff. If the aircraft starts a flight task during flight, the safe takeoff altitude will not take effect.
- Added ability to import MBTiles format maps downloaded from Maptiler. The map layer can be customized in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
- Added ability to export logs by different modules in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
- Added encryption for Network Security Mode in the DJI Pilot 2 app. After setting a password, users can only change the Network Security Mode or adjust the function settings after entering the password.
- Adjusted the XMP Tag field to meet third-party development requirements.
- Optimized Real-Time Follow. The minimum altitude is adjusted from 80 m to 30 m. The altitude for Real-Time Follow is updated to 30-200 m.
- Optimized firmware update prompt in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
- Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
- If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.
- Make sure the firmware of the aircraft and the remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 are the latest versions. Otherwise, usage may be affected.
Let us know in the comments below what you think of the firmware update for the Mavic 3 Multispectral.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.